Remember my pregnant 'bestest friend from work?' well, today she had her 12 week scan and all was well. It's brilliant news and I'm delighted for her. Just can't believe that it's still 4 weeks 'til mine.
It was weird what I did next though. She'd told me it was fine to tell people, so as I was in with the senior team, I thought I would tell them. But I said it in the strangest way. Instead of saying "great news", I think I actually used the words "I've got a problem" and then rolled my eyes.
I mean really? Who the fuck do I think I am? What am I playing at? Am I trying to be one of the big boys?
Or am I just testing the water for my "announcement"?
Am I just falling into the stereotype "Corporate Bitch"? If so, is that corporate bitch whom we all avoid at work not just exactly the same as me when outside the office? Do we just put on this face to keep up with the boys because that's who we think we should be?
I will not be this person tomorrow. I will be positive about her pregnancy, I will say she will be missed and that it does cause us an issue, but I will NOT roll my eyes.
Tuesday, 18 May 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment