Today was a nightmare...
I don't work on a Friday, I look after my son. It's what he calls "Mummy Day", unlike the weekend which are known as "Family Days".
So, we were all set up for a lovely Mummy Day, we were going to meet friends in the park and have a picnic. I had promised a trip to the supermarket (very exciting for two year old) to buy said picnic, when at about 0930 the message came through that I'm needed for some presentations next week, which so far i have had no involvement in. These are MAJOR presentations.
I therefore had to change plans, head to the office, son in tow and prepare. I was on conference calls at my desk, with my son next to me, eating Pret sandwiches and playing on the CBeebies website. Not exactly my idea of a good Friday. I was in the office for 4 hours and he was brilliant, a little star.
I tried to convince my hubby to leave early to no avail, so I had to put my son in front of CBeebies again while I sat at the kitchen table doing more work. Humph.
It's past 9pm, we've ordered take away and I'm feeling glum.
I'm pregnant, work don't know and I expected to execute a 14 hour day on Monday. This should be REALLY interesting.
Friday, 14 May 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Blimey, that's incredible. there's NO WAY I could take my 2 yo to the office, she'd just get so bored and start tearing the place up. Poor you. I hate it when work gets in the way of my Friday's.
Post a Comment