Thursday, 4 February 2010

How things have changed

Thursday. My favourite day of the week. Right now I'm lying by the fire, watching Silent Witness and sipping on a nice glass of white (running theme here!) and I'm relaxed and I'm not thinking of work... because it's THURSDAY. My four day week gives me a long weekend that others have to wait until Bank holidays for.

Funny isn't it, 5 years ago I would have been out after work, at least 3 G&Ts down, taking drinks after work for granted. I'd call my hubby, we'd meet for drinks and head home merrily together. We hardly go out anymore, together at least. He's out now. At his leaving drinks.

It's a funny thing marriage. You meet someone, fancy each other, fall in love, spend all your time with each other, enjoy each other's company, realise that this person is your soul mate and that you would happily spend the rest of your lives together. You get married, you set up home together, you have children, you go back to work, you go out and have fun with other people.

Weird eh.

1 comment:

MichelleTwinMum said...

Very weird, you are so right. I have never really thought of it like that before! Mich x