Monday, 18 January 2010

The Two Week Wait

If you've had a child, you've been there.

If you're trying for a child, you spend half your time there.

It's the two week wait and those two weeks are the slowest ones you can experience. Every time your tummy rumbles "it's a sign", everytime your breasts feel oh so slightly tender "it's a sign" and do you know, even if I pass wind I now think "it's a sign".

No suprises, but I am a charter... I gave it a break at the end of last year so I could chill out, but now I'm back in full force. I even use a website that does it for me. Every morning at 6am I take my temperature and enter it into Fertility Friend. So, in a nutshell, my iPhone tells me when to have sex. How romantic! A result of this techno-conception is a ticket into the world of amazing TLAs... You would not believe the acronyms that are, it seems, common place in the world of TTC (Trying To Conceive):
AF, POAS, EWCM, TWW, TMI... But that's Too Much Information!

I am now on day 18 of my cycle, I've ovulated and had so much sex hubby is still, as he puts it, numb! Fertility Friend is telling me to wait until 27th Jan to test. This is absolutly right and I clearly wouldn't want to waste money doing an early test that might give a false negative anyway.... would I?!

Today was spent trying to keep all the above at the back of my mind, while trying to think positive AND do my job! Oh the life of a mother... Nobody said it would be easy!

1 comment:

Louise said...

I'm in the two weeks wait too having had our IUI on Sunday. I used to use fertility friend when we were TTC naturally. I becomes quite an obsession doesn't it...Keeping everything crossed x