Monday, 30 November 2009

Competitive? Moi?

There are various things flying about at work at the moment for reasons I won't go into, but the resultis lots of, ego, testosterone and adrenalin. Nice. Not.

Because I don't work on Fridays, last Friday my boss had to ask one of my team to do a last minute paper, which he did. It was good, broader than 99% of the rest of the business could have done. Some figures were wrong, but nothing major. Thing is, I'm sure when my boss thanked him for it today it was like he was trying to put me down at the sametime! Paranoid maybe, but I don't think so. Anyway, he went on to ask us for some more work for tomorrow and said team member was eating out of his hand, it was shocking! "yes I see exactly where you as going with this". I think if I hadn't been there he'd have jumped under the desk to suck him off! Problem was, boss was completely off track with his hair brained idea that will actually loose us money but him and his new found starlett were lapping it up. What makes me laugh is that once back at our desks said team realised/admitted that it's not the best route!!! Grrr what is it with men? I told him not to act like an excited puppy - probably a tad harsh, but true.

I'm glad when someone in my team does well, I really am - but to the detriment of me? Watch out mate, you'll only do that once!

Deep breath, blackberry away, on way home, Mummy hat on..... Baking anyone?

No comments: